Thursday, April 11, 2013

Strawberry Cake

So the other day my husband was antsy so I decided to bake him a cake.
Why? I don't know but it seemed to be exactly what he needed.
I looked through the pantry and found a mix for Moist Supreme Strawberry Cake. He absoltely loves strawberries.

The recipe calls for
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 of oil
  • 3 egg
  • mix
It didn't specify what kind of oil and right now I'm trying to sneak Coconut Oil into everything so that's what I used.

I set my oven for 350 degrees and mixed everything into a bowl. Coated my 7 x 11 glass pan with Coconut Oil, poured the mix in then baked for 36 minutes. ( time will vary based on your oven )

Now for my secret weapon... Frosting! I heated the frosting up in microwave just long enough for it to be a pourable consistency ( 30 seconds to 1 minute). Now that you've safely pulled the cake out of the oven go ahead and pour the melted frosting over the cake. The cake has air pockets that will absorb 90% of the frosting down into the cake. The cake still stays moist and even more delicious. The frosting is not over powering this way.

Now if you'd like your cake a little prettier I suggest following all the steps above then letting it cool and coating it with a thin layer of frosting so you wont see any air pockets. But my husband was too anxious to wait any longer.

Results- the most delicious box Strawberry cake I've ever had.
Enjoy!

~Rayah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!!
I look forward to reading it!