Thursday, June 13, 2013

DIY Makeup Remover Wipes


I wear makeup every.single.day. Seriously, I do. And I must admit... I do not take it off every.single.night.
Gross, I know. But since making these super easy wipes it's fast and easy to remove my makeup and clean my face in less than a minute.

I had been using Mary Kay makeup remover. You know, shake the bottle till both ingredients combine then squirt a little in a towel and remove make up... and $15 isn't bad but since most of my ingredients for these wipes cost only $1 and I can make an endless amount I will never be going back.

So after work I headed to our local Dollar Store and picked up a few items...

Here's what you'll need :
  • Baby Shampoo $1
  • Cotton Rounds $1
  • Small Air Tight Containers. 4 for a $1
  • Coconut Oil - Already had in pantry

Here's what you'll do :

I opened and cleaned my new tupperware containers. I chose the smallest round ones I could find for this. Since I am only making a small batch of these all my ingredients can go into one bowl then be separated later. You'll combine 1 cup of water with 1 1/2 tablespoons of baby shampoo and 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. Oil and water don't mix so it'll looks like this after you've stirred it a few times.

Now pour this mixture into 2 or 3 containers making sure the oil has made it into each bowl. Add about 4 inches worth of cotton rounds to the bowl and press down until fully absorbed. You may need to add extra rounds as long as there is enough solution and space in the container.

Now they are ready to use!
I store mine upsidedown so that the mixture will evenly soak to the rounds that we placed on top.

Now you have perfectly portable money saving makeup remover.

Enjoy!

~Rayah



3 comments :

  1. I plan to try this. Between myself and 3 daughters we can go through a lot of prepackaged make-up remover wipes, but without something easy, we typically don't remove our make-up at night. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't the coconut oil make your face oily?

    ReplyDelete
  3. -Pam, I completely understand. It's too easy to spend loads of money. This is an inexpensive easy solution.

    hreinsvold- Not at all. The amount of coconut oil on the pad is not enough to do anything but clean and replenish your complexion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment!!
I look forward to reading it!