Thursday, November 14, 2013

Quick & Simple Dessert ~ Turtle Cheesecake Dip


Mmm I absolutely love deserts that aren't overly sweet. Earlier this week I was volunteered to bring something to our weekly bible study. I don't have much time the night before and only a short hour prior to our group so I didn't want to cook or bake anything. This sweet treat was perfect, it only took a few minutes to prepare and we were ready to enjoy! 

Ingredients ~ 

1/4 cup butter 
8 oz cream cheese 
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 package of dry vanilla instant pudding mix 
1/2 cup caramel topping plus little more for decoration
Choice of dippers - Nilla Wafers, Chocolate Graham Crackers, Ritz Crackers, Flat Baked Pretzels
( Pretzels were the biggest hit - a perfect combo of sweet and salty )


Directions ~ 

Cream together softened cream cheese and butter on # 1 or 2 mixer setting. 
(I use a handheld mixer ) 
Add caramel and beat on higher setting. 
Add brown and powder sugar, beat on higher setting. 
Next add vanilla extract and dry pudding mix, beat until creamy. 
Lastly, fold in chocolate chips and pecans. 

Pat into a ball or place in bowl and refrigerate for about an hour. Now that the ball is molded to be rounder place on a serving dish and decorate with extra caramel, pecans, or chocolate chips. Add a spoon or knife for serving plates or dippers for quick bites. 

I wish I would have thought to bring sliced apples, that would have been delicious! 

I also made a Dark Chocolate version of this. I simply substituted the vanilla pudding for dark chocolate dry pudding and chocolate chips for white chocolate chips. This was even a bigger hit! I should have know... what woman doesn't love chocolate??

Enjoy!
~ Rayah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!!
I look forward to reading it!