Thursday, May 16, 2013

Razor Ready Legs ~ Super Silky Coconut Sugar Shaving Scrub

So lately I've had a love for all things coconut oil. On top of that, a love for anything that helps my skin. I have extremely dry skin. I moisturize and drink plenty of water but still see lines around my shins and ankles. But not since using coconut oil. I usually put some on after getting out if the shower but using this scrub saves me time and helps get rid of any dead skin when I shave. No more expensive shaving products. I made some this weekend with a few items in our pantry.

1 1/4 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of coconut oil
3 tablespoons of lemon juice

Mix well with a spoon. You might need to heat up the coconut oil as it does become a solid if stored in a cool place.
And TA DAAA, that's all it takes.
Use as a shaving scrub and you'll have 100% naturally silky legs.

Personally, I use this all over my body. The sugar is the perfect exfoliant and the oil makes my whole body super silky. Seriously I can't stop touching my legs.

If the oil does become a solid again I just run the container under the hot water from the shower and it turns back into a liquid.

Feel free to use on your lips to hydrate and slosh off any dead skin.
Bring on the shorts!

~Rayah

UPDATE - after using this for a few weeks I have a few extra tips.
  • Don't leave the container open... it will attract bugs. ick
  • Be careful not to get any water from the shower in the mix. It will dilute the sugar.
  • Go ahead, lick your exfoliated lips, it taste good.


~Rayah

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!!
I look forward to reading it!