Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pecan Pie Cobbler


Well I missed national Pecan Pie Day on July 12th so maybe today can be national Cobbler Day?
I was in the mood for pie last night, psh I'm always in the mood for pie, so I whipped together my favorite pecan dish yet.

 I had all the ingredients in my pantry so we ran to the market for some pecans.

What you'll need:

4 cups of Pecans
Vanilla Ice Cream
6 slightly beaten eggs
4 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 1/2 cups of light corn syrup
1/2 cup or 1 stick of melted butter
2 1/2 packed cups of brown sugar
1 box of Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, thawed as directed on box


What you'll do:

Preheat oven to 425
Grease a 13x9 or larger glass or ceramic pan with oil or butter.
Remove 1 pie crust. Roll out and fit to pan. May need to trim the edges.
In a large bowl mix corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with wire whisk.
Chop 2 cups of the pecans in fourths. Add to large bowl and stir.
Pour half of mix into the pie crust pan.
Now place the second pie crust over the filling and pinch edges closed.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and remove from oven.
Reduce temp to 350 and pour remaining filling onto pie crust.
Top with remaining pecans and place in oven for additional 30 minutes.
Turn off oven and let cool on cooling rack for 20 minutes then serve warm cobbler with ice cream.
Yum Yum Yum

If you don't have the right size dish no worries. Fill what you can into one dish with the two layers then use a second dish to make a single layer pie.
 
Seal of approval? My hubby says it's the best Pecan dessert he's every had
*and he's a picky eater*

Enjoy!

~Rayah




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment!!
I look forward to reading it!